February SLANT

I loved getting to know my match this month for Lessons with Coffee's SLANTBox Exchange. (You can read about my October post here.) 


Laura from over at Teaching From Beyond the Desk is a 6th grade, first-year science teacher in northern California. We had some great conversations about how to get kids thinking scientifically and bonded over our mutual love of colored pens and common spirit animal (Monica Gellar). She sent me an AMAZING box this month with some great goodies:


Check out the art on this box, huh? It's all in shades of purple because it's my favorite color.




I can't wait to take this notepad to school. (The top says " The list that keeps going and going and going and going and going..." totally true for us teachers. The lists NEVER.STOP.) And I'm totally taking that journal and my new pens (below) with me to Spain next week.


She also sent me a lot of Valentine goodies (some not pictured) like some window clings I plan to use next year and some pencils and mini pens that I'm planning to use in my classroom becuase my preschoolers are really getting into writing right now.


And this gorgeous cup is all mine, with one of my favorite phrases on it: "It takes a big heart to shape little minds." I do believe I have a big heart. But the best part is what was inside:


KIT KATS!!!! Om nom nom nom. My favorite.

I'm sitting March out because I'll be in Spain for half of it, but I can't wait until April's exchange! If you've never done a SLANT exchange, you should. They're so fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment